Tuesday 15 May 2007

Installing in Lisbon

Well things have been going well so far. Trev and I are at a bit of a
loose end as we wait for other people to finish installing their equipment
in our container. Once Anna, Ailsa and Justin (Leicester and Cambridge)
are finished in the container we can turn on the laser and find out if it
survived the trip over. I'm a bit worried about the poor laser. It
dislikes travelling and usually shows its disproval by refusing to turn on
when we get to where we're going. In AMMA (Africa last summer) this cost
us a flight but I'm hoping here that we will have time to pamper the poor
laser and make sure it's all nice and happy.

Sometimes I worry myself when I treat the laser like a child. A few weeks
on a ship with the laser misbehaving will probably drive me over the edge.
But I suppose if I'm treating the laser like a kid now, there's not a lot
more nuts I can go!

I'll try and upload pics from the boat soon so you can experience the joys
of our living conditions for the next few weeks.

No comments: